Operation Christmas Child delivers the gospel message through a simple shoe box packed with small gifts. These gifts help explain God’s gift of salvation to boys and girls around the world.
Join in Packing Shoebox-Filled Gifts for Children
Operation Christmas Child collects shoebox gifts‑filled with toys, school supplies and hygiene items—and delivers them to children in need around the world to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way. Many of these children have never received a gift before, some come from cultures that do not exchange gifts. Delivered into the hands of children through local churches, every shoebox gift is an opportunity to share about Jesus Christ and God’s gift of salvation.
Boxes will be available in the Crossway to take home and fill on October 22nd. Please return your filled shoeboxes by November 13th for delivery the following week to our regional collection center.
(or scan the QR Code below)
If you have questions about Operation Christmas Child, please contact FCC ministry leader, Liz Lutheran at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Suggestions for Shoe Boxes:
• Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
• School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
• Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
• Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
• A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
• Please Do Not Include:
Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.