Operation Christmas Child delivers the gospel message through a simple shoe box packed with small gifts. These gifts help explain God’s gift of salvation to boys and girls around the world.
This year at our annual packing party, FCC Volunteers packed 456 shoeboxes. Boxes cost $9 each to ship. Each year we send many boxes, and your donation toward shipping costs is greatly appreciated. You can donate toward shipping at any time through our church office.
Year-Round Service. Help our November Packing Party be a huge success by donating items for the shoeboxes, year-round! You may bring items to the church and place them in the appropriate bins, located in the glass reception office.
If you have questions about Operation Christmas Child, please contact FCC ministry leader, Liz Lutheran at 929-2945.
Gift Suggestions for Shoe Boxes:
• Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
• School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
• Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
• Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
• A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
• Please Do Not Include:
Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.